At Taylor & Co Hair Studio, along with many other aspects and services we provide, we take great pride in our weddings. As well as designing beautiful bridal hair designs and creating them to the highest standard, we also feel that it is important to help people with the other aspects of their day.
Being situated in Lamphey, we have clients from across the county and as a result we have come to meet lots of people from all different areas. Because of this we have gained great knowledge of the best venues, florists, photographers and more. This includes all the hidden treasures Pembrokeshire has to offer.
At Taylor & Co we would love to share our information with you as well as creating that special look ready for your big day, so to start it all off here are a few things you may be considering for your wedding which you can feel free to ask us about.
- Your hair, and your bridesmaids' and guests' hair
- Local accommodation
- Beauticians and make-up artists
- Car hire
- Wedding cakes/confectionaries
Achieve your perfect wedding hair with Taylor & Co Hair Studio
Bridal Hair Tips
- Create a mood board... Bring this along to your initial consultation. Think about anything that would help your stylist understand the looks you love and the style of your wedding. Is your venue a fairytale castle, a sophisticated hotel, a traditional church... or something different? Have a friend take a photo of you in your dress at a fitting. Bring a swatch of fabric, a flower, an accessory... bring pictures of brides, celebrities, models - anyone whose look inspires you.
- Discuss your ideas... You may feel most comfortable with a look that's not too far from your own look and style; for example, if you normally like wearing your hair down and flowing, maybe a sleek up-do won't feel right for you. Think about how you like your hair to look when you dress up for an occasion, and how you could take that to the next level for your wedding day. However...
- Be open to new ideas... Your hair trial gives you the chance to live with a look and discover whether you feel comfortable with it. If your stylist suggests looks that you hadn’t considered before, you shouldn't feel pressured to follow their advice - but why not give some new ideas a try while you have the benefit of an expert to work with? We can take photos during the trial so you can see how your hair looks, and we can email those to you afterwards.
- She's got the look... Don’t shy away from having hair extensions for your wedding day. Extensions are great if you want a little more length or fullness, or if you or your stylist is worried about your hair holding a particular style all through your wedding day. Even if your own hair falls, the extensions won’t.
- Keep having regular haircuts... It's important to keep your hair in good condition in preparation for your wedding day. Your stylist can advise you on the best way to maintain your hair - colour, cut and style.
- But don’t get your hair cut just before the wedding! It’s better to be safe than sorry, so avoid having a cut too close to your wedding. Beware the temptation to go for a radical change at the last minute.
- Look after those locks... Pay special attention to hair care in the weeks before your trial and wedding, so that your hair is shiny and healthy. If you’re unsure of the best products for your hair type, consult with your stylist.
- Take advice from your stylist... She will work with you to agree the best plan for the day. She may advise you to avoid the use of heavy conditioning products immediately before your wedding hair is styled, as these can weigh your hair down and make it slippery to work with.
- We live in sunny Pembrokeshire... But who knows, it just might be wet or windy on your wedding day, and the style you had your heart set on might not work after all. Don’t worry - last-minute changes can be okay, so long as you and your stylist are prepared. When you come in to Taylor & Co for a trial, your stylist will show you a couple of styles and variations so that you have options on the day.
Proms, birthdays and balls
Be the Belle of the ball! Let us help you find the perfect hairstyle for your prom, ROA night or ball for the finishing touch to your outfit. Sleek buns, pretty plaits, sophisticated up-dos or tumbling curls - talk to our stylists about the look that's just right for your occasion.